Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net> on 2017/12/11 05:16:50 UTC

Setting up the JIRA plugin?

Hi all,

I'd like to set up the JIRA plugin from within NetBeans 8.2 to browse
the issues, so I installed the plugin and tried to set up a "Task
Repository" (image attached).

I'm getting a 405 Server error: Method not allowed error (log below).
After some googling I learned that the XML RPC API has been deprecated
[1]. I'm not sure if this is a server error, if the XML RPC API is gone
now or if I'm using a bad URL to gain access to JIRA.

Does anyone know how to set up the JIRA plugin to access the issues? Is
it still possible to use the XML RPC API or is it gone now?

Thanks,
Antonio

[1]
https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/support/archive/jira-rpc-services/jira-xml-rpc-overview

The log
WARNING [org.netbeans.modules.jira.Jira]: validate for
[NETBEANS,https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS,,******,vieiro,******]
has failed: Server error: (405)Method Not Allowed
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.jira.Jira]
com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.service.JiraServiceUnavailableException:
Server error: (405)Method Not Allowed
	at
com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.service.soap.JiraSoapClient.callOnce(JiraSoapClient.java:529)
	at
org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.provisional.commons.soap.AbstractSoapClient.call(AbstractSoapClient.java:56)
	at
com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.service.soap.JiraSoapClient.call(JiraSoapClient.java:498)
	at
com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.service.soap.JiraSoapClient.getServerInfo(JiraSoapClient.java:203)
	at
com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.service.JiraClient.getServerInfo(JiraClient.java:420)
	at
com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.JiraClientManager.validateConnection(JiraClientManager.java:156)
	at
com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.JiraClientFactory.validateConnection(JiraClientFactory.java:165)
	at
com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.JiraClientFactory.validateConnection(JiraClientFactory.java:147)
	at
org.netbeans.modules.jira.xmlrpc.XmlRpcJiraConnectorProvider.validateConnection(XmlRpcJiraConnectorProvider.java:142)
	at
org.netbeans.modules.jira.commands.ValidateCommand.execute(ValidateCommand.java:69)
[catch] at
org.netbeans.modules.jira.commands.JiraExecutor.execute(JiraExecutor.java:131)
	at
org.netbeans.modules.jira.repository.JiraRepositoryController$2.execute(JiraRepositoryController.java:320)
	at
org.netbeans.modules.jira.repository.JiraRepositoryController$TaskRunner.run(JiraRepositoryController.java:388)
	at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1443)
	at
org.netbeans.modules.openide.util.GlobalLookup.execute(GlobalLookup.java:68)
	at org.openide.util.lookup.Lookups.executeWith(Lookups.java:303)
	at
org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2058)

Re: Solved (Re: Setting up the JIRA plugin?)

Posted by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com>.
On 12/11/2017 08:40 AM, Geertjan Wielenga wrote:
> Excellent. Was hoping you'd say that -- and please provide steps and file
> an issue for anything you find, in Apache JIRA.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-208

Couldn't file it using the JIRA plugin, kept getting a dialog saying
"summary must be set". User error?

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Re: Solved (Re: Setting up the JIRA plugin?)

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Excellent. Was hoping you'd say that -- and please provide steps and file
an issue for anything you find, in Apache JIRA.

Gj

Posted by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com>.
On 12/11/2017 08:35 AM, Antonio wrote:
> I've been experimenting with the plugin and getting random errors,
> ranging from NullPointerExceptions to queries getting stuck.

On the bright side, I see that I can save a JIRA query and it appears in
the Tasks window (ctrl-shift-6). Neat.

> It seems this is related to some mylyn eclipse module, so the sources
> are not really available for us to hack on.
>
> I may want to build a small plugin that presents the issues in a table
> and allows for basic queries. What kind of funcionality would you
> require during the NetCAT?

You may want to ping Jirka or Hermien about that, but being able to
report a new issue from within NetBeans would be nice.

Is this still reasonably up to date?

https://platform.netbeans.org/tutorials/nbm-google.html

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi,