Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2003/01/17 18:02:10 UTC

proposals/tlp documents

Danny and all,

I just glanced briefly at the tlp proposal documents, and have printed them
out to review in the car (assuming I'm not driving).

For those who don't know the cvs, and want to look, here is a quick web
link:

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-james/proposals/TLP/

All in all, it looks acceptable.  I think that we can beef up our futures
content with material taken directly from the Wiki.  Hopefully Serge will
have a few minutes, now that he's back, to fill in the history part.

Would you agree that the James project consists of the following
sub-projects:

	Mailet API
	Mailet-based applications
	James Server

You had the first two, with the third implied.  I thought I'd make it more
explicit.

Greg Stein's comment that "PMC members should be equal to the active
committers" appears to conflict with an earlier comment that you proposed
related to that being true to a certain number of participants, at which
point the PMC size would be limited.  We already agree that the initial PMC
shall be all active committers, so we're OK; I'm just not sure if the size
limit is allowed.

I continue to propose Serge for the honor of the initial PMC Chairmanship.

I'll review the docs, but I really can't do anything collaborative with them
until Sunday eve at the earliest.  I would like us to get our proposal to
the ASF Board for their Wed meeting.

	--- Noel