Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Olivier Croisier <ol...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/30 10:46:35 UTC

A new home for Wicket news

Hi,

We at Zenika <http://www.zenika.com> are running a site named YesWicket.com,
on which we publish Wicket-related news (new releases...), tutorials, and
technical articles. Until now, it targeted mainly a French audience, but we
are willing to expand its reach by translating all articles into english, in
the hope to gather a larger audience and build a stronger community around
Wicket.

If you are interested, we'd like to give the main Wicket leaders (Igor
Vaynberg, Martijn Dashorst...) a write access on the blog, so they could
publish announces, links, and articles in a more convenient and dynamic way
than on the official site - which of course would still be the main
reference.
Although the categories & tags need to be reorganized, the infrastructure is
here, ready to be used (code highlighting, attached files...).

Please let us know what you think about it ! (blog~at~zenika.com if you
prefer a more private way)
(FYI, Carl Azoury already submitted this idea to Martijn by mail last
Friday.)

Olivier

Re: A new home for Wicket news

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
While yeswicket.com won't become the new home for Wicket news (Apache
policy is: "If it isn't from *.apache.org, it ain't from Apache"),
there's nothing holding back anybody from contributing in one way or
another to this and other websites/blogs/etc.

Just keep in mind that as an Apache project, we have to be neutral and
not favor one company over another. So please continue to contribute
to yeswicket.com, wicketbyexample.com, wicketinaction.com,
martijndashorst.com, stuq.nl, java.dzone.com, infoq.com,
theserverside.com, ajaxian.com, developerworks.ibm.com, javaworld.com,
etc —to list a couple of known sites from the top of my head.

Also, please make sure your site(s) are compliant with Apache
trademark policy: http://apache.org/foundation/marks/trademarks.html

Martijn

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Olivier Croisier
<ol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We at Zenika <http://www.zenika.com> are running a site named YesWicket.com,
> on which we publish Wicket-related news (new releases...), tutorials, and
> technical articles. Until now, it targeted mainly a French audience, but we
> are willing to expand its reach by translating all articles into english, in
> the hope to gather a larger audience and build a stronger community around
> Wicket.
>
> If you are interested, we'd like to give the main Wicket leaders (Igor
> Vaynberg, Martijn Dashorst...) a write access on the blog, so they could
> publish announces, links, and articles in a more convenient and dynamic way
> than on the official site - which of course would still be the main
> reference.
> Although the categories & tags need to be reorganized, the infrastructure is
> here, ready to be used (code highlighting, attached files...).
>
> Please let us know what you think about it ! (blog~at~zenika.com if you
> prefer a more private way)
> (FYI, Carl Azoury already submitted this idea to Martijn by mail last
> Friday.)
>
> Olivier

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.0