Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/05 16:34:32 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.6 candidate 3

This is a bugfix release candidate for 3.5.6.

It fixes 29 issues, including upgrade of third party libraries,
TTL Node APIs for C API, support for PCKS12 Keystores, upgrade of Netty 4
and better procedure for the upgrade of servers from 3.4 to 3.5.

The full release notes is available at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310801&version=12345243

*** Please download, test and vote by October 8nd 2019, 23:59 UTC+0. ***

Source files:
https://people.apache.org/~eolivelli/zookeeper-3.5.6-candidate-3

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachezookeeper-1043/

The release candidate tag in git to be voted upon: release-3.5.6-rc3
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/tree/release-3.5.6-rc3

ZooKeeper's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://www.apache.org/dist/zookeeper/KEYS

Should we release this candidate?

Enrico Olivelli

Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.6 candidate 3

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
PR for the fix
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/1111
as soon as it lands to 3.5.6 I will send a new RC out for vote

in BookKeeper we have a validation script that checks for license files,
but it depends on the repository layout.

it should be easy to set up such validation, it will also help contributors
to work on libraries upgrade

Enrico

Posted by Norbert Kalmar <nk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.