Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Yuri de Wit <yu...@metaserver.com> on 2002/02/20 20:34:55 UTC

xsi:type and validation of polymorphic types in XML instances

Can Xerces validate types, as opposed to elements and attributes, in XML
instances?

<parameter name="param1">
	<default-value xsi:type="float">Me</default-value>
</parameter>

Lets say the schema has something like this:

<xsd:element name="parameter">
	<xsd:complexType>
		<xsd:sequence>
			<xsd:element name="default-value"
type="xsd:anyType"/>
		</xsd:sequence>
	</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>

WILL XERCES VALIDATE <default-value> CONTENT? I need a way to validate
parameter default values being them simple types or complex types in my XML
instance that is not known in the schema at design time.