Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Paul French <pa...@kirona.com> on 2011/07/16 19:14:26 UTC

embedded derby small foot print

We run derby 10.5.1 on J9 on WM6.1/6.5

The derby web site claims a small foot print of 2.6MB ? How do I achieve
this? What is the 2.6MB actually measuring, heap, non-heap, both ?

Our application is hitting resource problems on WM, so we need to tune
all parts of the app as much as possible. For derby the only setting we
have played with is:

Dderby.storage.pageCacheSize=50

...which helps, but derby still looks like it is using 7M. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Re: embedded derby small foot print

Posted by Paul French <pa...@kirona.com>.
Thanks Dag for the info.