Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Rene' Rosenbaum <re...@meecoda.de> on 2013/02/22 15:53:02 UTC

Compilation error due to limited memory

Hi all,
I currently have problems compiling OM2.0 in a resource-limited Debian
64bit installation. Calling "ant" without any parameters to build OM,
the process dies at
---
compile.laszlo.main:

-compile.flash:
      [java] Error occurred during initialization of VM
      [java] Could not reserve enough space for object heap
---
Apparently, there is not enough memory. I already increased the system
memory from 512MB to 1024MB; without success. I can't imagine that
compiling OM2.0 requires more than that. Anyone, any idea what goes
wrong here or what can be done get over this issue? Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Rene'
--

~~~~~~~
*Dr.-Ing. Rene' Rosenbaum

Re: Compilation error due to limited memory

Posted by Rene' Rosenbaum <re...@meecoda.de>.
Hi all,
yes, the stated setting are related to the VM we are using. The problem
is solved now: we just further increased the main memory of the VM
running 64bit-Debian to 1,5GB (approx. memory requirements: Debian:
600MB; compiling OM2.0: 800MB) !
Thanks for your help!
Rene'

~~~~~~~