Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com> on 2004/09/10 01:05:04 UTC

understanding sa-learn

I am new to SpamAssassin, which is why I am going to be asking
stupid questions;)

I have SpamAssassin on a gateway mail server (machine A) that
delievers to a qmail server (Machine B).  I have both Mutt clients
(via Maildir/) and Outlook clients (via POP3) accessing the mail.

I thought that sa-learn would be easy to use for the Mutt clients,
but then looking at the man pages, it does appear that sa-learn
only works with mbox, not Maildir.

Then for the Outlook client:  I am thinking the best approach
would be to setup two accounts on the gateway (Machine A), one for
spam and the other for ham.  The Outlook client would send the
attached spam/ham to the correct account via custom VBA code.  Has
anyone else done this and/or published how they did it?

Sam