Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by we...@tigris.org on 2009/05/21 15:18:24 UTC

Remote user cannot commit web.config files

I have a remote user, that can commit any type of file except web.config files. I have no pre-commit trigger to deny this. Other uses with the same permission level inside our network can commit just fine.

Our remote user is accessing via ssl:
https://svn.mydomain.com

Local users commit via local url:
http://svn

Can anyone thing of a reason why it would behave like this?

I am running this through apache 2.0 and don't have anything special in there to deny this access.

thanks.

Re: Remote user cannot commit web.config files

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On May 21, 2009, at 10:18, webpost@tigris.org wrote:

> I have a remote user, that can commit any type of file except
> web.config files. I have no pre-commit trigger to deny this. Other
> uses with the same permission level inside our network can commit
> just fine.
>
> Our remote user is accessing via ssl:
> https://svn.mydomain.com
>
> Local users commit via local url:
> http://svn
>
> Can anyone thing of a reason why it would behave like this?
>
> I am running this through apache 2.0 and don't have anything
> special in there to deny this access.

You've already ruled out the two reasons I could think of for this.

What OS and version of Subversion and APR are in use on the client?
What about on the server? What version of Apache on the server?
Latest versions of all are preferable. What is the error message the
client encounters? Any differences you can think of between the
client that doesn't work and those that do?