Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by anthony shaw <an...@apache.org> on 2016/01/25 20:54:41 UTC

[dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 1.0.0-pre1

This is a voting thread for Libcloud 1.0.0-pre1. This thread replaces
the previous thread for 1.0-pre1

1.0.0-pre1 is a community pre-release for the 1.0.0 major release. The
goal of the release is to give the community an opportunity to test
and give feedback for the new APIs.

A new -tentative tag is committed and can be found at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=libcloud.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/v1.0-pre1.

A full list of changes can be found at:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=libcloud.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGES.rst;hb=7bd33a694e0d2939ccf1a65fcac09840ac89ab69

Major changes include:

* Introduction of Container-as-a-Service API with experimental drivers
for docker, kubernetes, Amazon Elastic Container Service.
* Introduction of Backup-as-a-Service
* Add ap-northeast-2 region to EC2 driver (South Korea)

Release artifacts can be found at
http://people.apache.org/~anthonyshaw/libcloud/1.0.0-pre1/.

Note that KEYS file can found at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/libcloud/KEYS

Please test the release and post your votes.

+/- 1
[  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 1.0.0-pre1

Vote will be open until January 26th, 2016 (or longer, if needed).

Thanks,
Anthony

Re: [dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 1.0.0-pre1

Posted by Jerry Chen <je...@apache.org>.
[+1]  Release Apache Libcloud 1.0.0-pre1

Posted by anthony shaw <an...@apache.org>.
[+1] Release Apache Libcloud 1.0.0-pre1

Sent from Outlook Mobile

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 12:01 PM -0800, "Tomaž Muraus" <to...@tomaz.me> wrote:

Thanks.

I don't see the new 1.0.0-pre1-tentative tag upstream, but besides that,
LGTM.

[+1]  Release Apache Libcloud 1.0.0-pre1

Posted by Tomaž Muraus <to...@tomaz.me>.
Thanks.

Posted by Tomaz Muraus <to...@apache.org>.
Also, since we did voting and everything you can also link to those
artifacts on the website.

Just make sure it's listed after current stable version and that it's
clearly marked as "preview release" / unstable.

Posted by anthony shaw <an...@gmail.com>.
Explicit +1 from me.

This brings the totals to:

+1's:

- Tomaz (binding)
- Eric (binding)
- Anthony (binding)
- Greg Hill (non-binding)
- Jerry Chen (binding)

-1:s

/

0's:

/

Posted by Eric Johnson <er...@apache.org>.

Posted by Greg Hill <gr...@RACKSPACE.COM>.

Posted by anthony shaw <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jerry Chen <je...@apache.org>.
> On Jan 25, 2016, at 1:57 PM, Greg Hill <gr...@RACKSPACE.COM> wrote:
>
> On 1/25/16, 1:54 PM, "anthony shaw" <an...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> A new -tentative tag is committed and can be found at
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=libcloud.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/h
>> eads/v1.0-pre1.
>
> Shouldn't the tag be v1.0.0-pre1?  Or does that not matter?  /me is new to
> this process.
>
> Greg

Yeah I think the tag should be v1.0.0-pre1 for consistency.

Jerry

Re: [dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 1.0.0-pre1

Posted by Greg Hill <gr...@RACKSPACE.COM>.