Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Houman Moshtagh <de...@yahoo.de> on 2002/08/07 17:01:20 UTC

Isn't the Interoperability the sense of SOAP?

Hello,

I wonder why the SOAP Implementation of Microsoft SOAPTOOLKIT is
different from Apache SOAP.  Isn't the sense of SOAP the
interoperability between heterogenic networks?

e.g. Look at this example:

A) The Service sends just a "Hello" String back to the Client. It is
deployed on TOMCAT 4.0.4 and everything work fine.

http://moshtagh.bei.t-online.de/AxisProjectTest.wsdl

B) The same example deployed on Microsoft IIS (MS SoapToolKit 3.0) looks
completely different.

http://moshtagh.bei.t-online.de/ProjectTest.WSDL

My problem was how to make a Client for them?

Client for A)
The first example on TOMCAT is somehow easier to handle.

String wsdl="http://localhost:8010/axis/services/ProjectTest";
URL url=new URL(wsdl);
Call call=new Call();
call.setTargetObjectURI("ProjectTest");
call.setMethodName("sendXML");
call.setEncodingStyleURI(Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC);

Response response;
response=call.invoke(url,"");

System.out.println(response.getReturnValue());

This one works. I hope the syntax is written in a correct way.

Client for B)
But how can I make a Client for the Microsoft Service?
I tried it in the manner above but I get a null pointer exception.  Does
someone have experience how to make a client for Microsoft Listener?   I
think the main problem is to pass the right parameter for
"setTargetObjectURI" and for "setMethodName"....

I appreciate every help,
Houman

M�chten Sie mit einem Gru� antworten? http://grusskarten.yahoo.de