Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Volodymyr Siedlecki <vo...@apache.org> on 2022/10/13 13:36:47 UTC

Move MyFacesConfig.java to separate package

Hello,

Open Liberty leverages MyFaces as its JSF implementation. In previous
versions (2.2, 2.3, 3.0),we have exposed select implementation packages to
the application (only the API is available on the application classpath and
none of the implementation classes). These exported implementation packages
are mostly the renderkit packages in order to allow developers to
extend/create their own renderers. However, we also exposed the
org.apache.myfaces.shared.config package as it contains the web parameter
configurations used by the renderkit classes. MyFacesConfig was the only
class in this package. The link to this class (in the main branch) can be
found here
<https://github.com/apache/myfaces/blob/e9fe59f96410f31a7f5c0fbd6838c1a22683a691/impl/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/config/MyfacesConfig.java>
.

With the 4.0 refactoring, the class was moved to org.apache.myfaces.config
which now contains numerous other classes. Unfortunately, there's not a way
to select specific classes for export, so we have to use the entire
package. We would prefer not to expose everything within.

With this preface, we'd like to ask the community if we could move the
MyFacesConfig class to its own package to mimic previous versions. This
should have no functional impact and is simply a restructuring change.

I propose to create org.apache.myfaces.config.webparameters and place
MyFacesConfig there. Let me know if there are any concerns or objections.

Thank you

Re: Move MyFacesConfig.java to separate package

Posted by Paul Nicolucci <pn...@gmail.com>.
I don't have any issue with this either.

Regards,
Paul Nicolucci

Posted by Melloware <me...@gmail.com>.