Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org> on 2012/06/21 13:56:32 UTC

Misleading download page

Someone just asked about unix vs windows source bundles.
There's no "windows" bundle for 2.4.

Since it's really just source with lineends, shouldn't we either
ditch those labels or add an explanatory note to the page?

--
Nick Kew

Re: Misleading download page

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 6/21/2012 6:56 AM, Nick Kew wrote:
> Someone just asked about unix vs windows source bundles.
> There's no "windows" bundle for 2.4.
>
> Since it's really just source with lineends, shouldn't we either
> ditch those labels or add an explanatory note to the page?

I dropped the convention of -win32-src some time ago on the add-on modules
from the project.  They are simply -crlf.zip files with identical contents,
modulo cr/lf's.