Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Rahul <ra...@clear.net.nz> on 2005/06/06 05:24:52 UTC

Plugin conversion M1 to M2

Hi,

I am keen to help out with open JIRA M2 issues. I think I will pick up
MNG-42 as I believe this will involve some work on documentation and
code base (plugin conversion), which hopefully will be a good start to
get hands dirty in M2 code :-) (anyone has better idea on getting
started, please feel free to chip in!)

Are there any M1 plugins that have been ported to M2 yet? I can go
through and understand how this needs to be done, or, any other thoughts
on how this issue needs to be approached?

Also, I tried setting up M2 project in Eclipse last evening, but its
still not compile'able (missing library dependencies). Wondering if
everyone is using sources or JARs for projects like :
Classworlds
Forehead
Plexus
Wagon

Appreciate pointers/suggestions in getting me set up for M2 fixes!

Cheers,

Rahul

Re: Plugin conversion M1 to M2

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Rahul wrote:

> okie-dokie, I am taking # MNG-276.
>
> Could anyone using Eclipse for M2 development please post/attach the
> contents of .classpath file so I can ensure I am on same page as everyone.

After checkout/update your local copy of trunk run m2 eclipse:eclipse on
the root directory

Emmanuel

Posted by Rahul <ra...@clear.net.nz>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Rahul wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am keen to help out with open JIRA M2 issues. I think I will pick up
> MNG-42 as I believe this will involve some work on documentation and
> code base (plugin conversion), which hopefully will be a good start to
> get hands dirty in M2 code :-) (anyone has better idea on getting
> started, please feel free to chip in!)

I think someone else was looking at this in the coming week, actually.

And of the following are issues I would expect would be reasonably
simple starting points:
MNG-65
MNG-271
MNG-432
MNG-276
MNG-202
MNG-261
MNG-266

Just let us know if you decide to work on one so we don't overlap.

> Are there any M1 plugins that have been ported to M2 yet? I can go
> through and understand how this needs to be done, or, any other
> thoughts on how this issue needs to be approached?

maven-plugins
and
maven-reports

in the SVN repo for m2
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk)

> Also, I tried setting up M2 project in Eclipse last evening, but its
> still not compile'able (missing library dependencies). Wondering if
> everyone is using sources or JARs for projects like :
> Classworlds

classworlds.codehaus.org (binary dependency is fine)

> Forehead

not used