Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org> on 2010/09/25 01:03:27 UTC

[VOTE] Release 'development release' HBase 0.89.2010924 rc1?

The 0.89.20100830 DR branch was cancelled, here's the new RC off a new branch.

As discussed, this release candidate contains a revert of HBASE-2694
which means that it is back on the "very" old master. It is also very
similar to what we run here in production.

Sources and binaries can be found here:

http://people.apache.org/~jdcryans/hbase-0.89.20100924-candidate-1/

Documentation:

http://people.apache.org/~jdcryans/hbase-0.89.20100924-candidate-1/hbase-0.89.20100924/docs/

Here's the list of everything I added since moving from 0830:

 HBASE-3008  Memstore.updateColumnValue passes wrong flag to heapSizeChange
 HBASE-3035  Bandaid for HBASE-2990
 HBASE-2643  Figure how to deal with eof splitting logs
 HBASE-2941  port HADOOP-6713 - threading scalability for RPC reads - to HBase
 HBASE-3006  Reading compressed HFile blocks causes way too many DFS RPC calls
             severly impacting performance
 HBASE-2989  [replication] RSM won't cleanup after locking if 0 peers
 HBASE-2992  [replication] MalformedObjectNameException in ReplicationMetrics
 HBASE-3034  Revert the regions assignment part of HBASE-2694 (and
pals) for 0.89
 HBASE-3033  [replication] ReplicationSink.replicateEntries improvements
 HBASE-2997  Performance fixes - profiler driven
 HBASE-2889  Tool to look at HLogs -- parse and tail -f (patch #2 only)

Unfortunately I forgot to add HBASE-2986 like Stack asked (sorry, I
just figured it while reading the old voting thread).

Should we release this as the next "Development Release"? Please cast
your vote by Wednesday, September 29th.

Thanks,

The HBase Team

Re: [VOTE] Release 'development release' HBase 0.89.2010924 rc1?

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
yes it is ICV only, and most prevalent on tables that are heavily/only icv.

you can always kill -9 the RS to force log recovery and all will be
well.  assuming you can take the outage :-)

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
We already have 3 binding +1s, so the vote has passed.

J-D

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Gray <jg...@facebook.com>.
+1

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
+0 from me - I did some brief testing but not quite enough for a full +1.
Was testing on a new cluster and I had forgotten to set up ulimit, so it
exploded after a few hours. Will upgrade to a +1 later this week if I have
time to run a longer test.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: [VOTE] Release 'development release' HBase 0.89.2010924 rc1?

Posted by Cosmin Lehene <cl...@adobe.com>.
+1

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.