Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by SakshiAgarwal <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/10 08:36:42 UTC

Using Velocity for locale specific

Hi,

I am using locale specific vm files for displaying responses. I have few
dynamic params in vm file which will be locale specific. i.e for English,
Delhi will be displayed in english and for arabic it should display in
arabic.
I read that to achieve locale specific, velocity offers ResourceTool  like
below:
<tool>
  <key>text</key>
  <scope>application</scope>
  <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.ResourceTool</class>
  <parameter name="bundles" value="com.mypackage.resources.moreResources"/>
  <parameter name="locale" value="en_US"/>
</tool>

But i am not sure how to use this. I can't find proper example or details
about its usage.

It would be of great help if someone can quote an example on this.

Regards
Sakshi