Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com> on 2003/10/24 18:13:40 UTC

CMS Menu broken

Hello List,

I have just updated from cvs. The menu containing Site, Admin,Live and
Authoring is broken in OSCOM and default publication. See the attached
screenshot. It shows no graphics for the menu. Clicking on the links
(without images) brings up ..../authoring/index.html .

Any ideas?

--
Rolf Kulemann

Actor:	"I'm a smash hit.  Why, yesterday during the last act, I had
	everyone glued in their seats!"
Oliver Herford:	"Wonderful!  Wonderful!  Clever of you to think of
	it!"

PGP/GPG public key:
	 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6B4EA7EA

Re: CMS Menu broken

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com>.
On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 19:28, Michael Wechner wrote:

> >>It's the same for me when I use the endorsed libraries
> >>I recommended you. It has something to do with named
> >>templates and parameters, but I don't know the exact
> >>reason. No idea what to do about it - wait for an
> >>improved Xalan?
> >

> > Mmmh. I also installed Lenya with Tomcat 4.1.27 on another machine. Same
> > behavior.
>
> once again my the endorsed libraries I am using:
>
> xalan-2.5.0.jar  xercesImpl-2.4.0.jar  xml-apis.jar  xsltc-20030211.jar

I found the problem I think. I use tomcat installed by my suse distr.
After installation of tomcat I found in the dir tomcat/common/endorsed
the files:

xercesImpl.jar
xmlParserAPIs.jar

The installation doc of lenya sais, one should copy all files from cocoon/lib/endorsed to tomcat/common/endorsed.
Those files are

xalan-2.5.1.jar
xercesImpl-2.5.0.jar
xml-apis.jar

After copiying those three files I removed the old xercesImpl.jar
installed by my suse distr.

Now I can load the blog publication without a broken cms menu.

--
Rolf Kulemann

We may hope that machines will eventually compete with men in all
purely intellectual fields.  But which are the best ones to start
with?  Many people think that a very abstract activity, like the
playing of chess, would be best.  It can also be maintained that it is
best to provide the machine with the best sense organs that money can
buy, and then teach it to understand and speak English.
		-- Alan M. Turing

Re: CMS Menu broken

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 18:55, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>>Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>>
>>>I have just updated from cvs. The menu containing Site, Admin,Live and
>>>Authoring is broken in OSCOM and default publication. See the attached
>>>screenshot. It shows no graphics for the menu. Clicking on the links
>>>(without images) brings up ..../authoring/index.html.
>>
>>It's the same for me when I use the endorsed libraries
>>I recommended you. It has something to do with named
>>templates and parameters, but I don't know the exact
>>reason. No idea what to do about it - wait for an
>>improved Xalan?
>

> Mmmh. I also installed Lenya with Tomcat 4.1.27 on another machine. Same
> behavior.

once again my the endorsed libraries I am using:

xalan-2.5.0.jar  xercesImpl-2.4.0.jar  xml-apis.jar  xsltc-20030211.jar

HTH

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: CMS Menu broken

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com>.
On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 18:55, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> > I have just updated from cvs. The menu containing Site, Admin,Live and
> > Authoring is broken in OSCOM and default publication. See the attached
> > screenshot. It shows no graphics for the menu. Clicking on the links
> > (without images) brings up ..../authoring/index.html.
>
> It's the same for me when I use the endorsed libraries
> I recommended you. It has something to do with named
> templates and parameters, but I don't know the exact
> reason. No idea what to do about it - wait for an
> improved Xalan?

Mmmh. I also installed Lenya with Tomcat 4.1.27 on another machine. Same
behavior.

I tried a lot of other things, but I can't find the trick.
Seems I have to wait for a new xalan or sth. like that.

--
Rolf Kulemann

"I had to hit him -- he was starting to make sense."

Re: CMS Menu broken

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I have just updated from cvs. The menu containing Site, Admin,Live and
> Authoring is broken in OSCOM and default publication. See the attached
> screenshot. It shows no graphics for the menu. Clicking on the links
> (without images) brings up ..../authoring/index.html.

It's the same for me when I use the endorsed libraries
I recommended you. It has something to do with named
templates and parameters, but I don't know the exact
reason. No idea what to do about it - wait for an
improved Xalan?

-- Andreas