Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Davide Angelocola <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/18 13:27:50 UTC

SCXMLDigest -> SCXMLParser migration issue

Hi,
  I've an issue regarding the migration from SCXMLDigest to the new
SCXMLParser. I've attached both the test and the input file.

Is it a known bug?

--
Best Regards,
Davide Angelocola

Re: SCXMLDigest -> SCXMLParser migration issue

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 1/18/08, Davide Angelocola <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I've an issue regarding the migration from SCXMLDigest to the new
> SCXMLParser. I've attached both the test and the input file.
>
> Is it a known bug?

<snip/>

In general, the SCXMLParser is not a drop-in replacement for the
SCXMLDigester, as mentioned in the Javadocs.

The SCXMLParser is based on the latest W3C Working Draft. Taking a
quick look at your sample, there is atleast one thing that needs
changing here. The following idiom (from older drafts):

<transition ...>
    <target next="foo"/>
</transition>

needs to be replaced by:

<transition ... target="foo"/>

Compare, before [1] and after [2].

It may be better to migrate your SCXML documents so you can use the
SCXMLParser. If that is not immediately feasible, you can continue to
use the deprecated SCXMLDigester for now, which will remain in all
v0.x releases (and will be removed in v1.0).

-Rahul

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-scxml-20050705/#N1015A
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-scxml-20070221/#transition