Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by pr...@club-internet.fr on 2002/06/24 13:31:08 UTC

newbie: requested resource not available

Hello,

I have just installed Tomcat 4.0.4 and when I click the JSP
Examples link, I get the following error report:

type Status report

message /examples/jsp/

description The requested resource (/examples/jsp/) is not
available.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Philippe de Rochambeau

AW: newbie: requested resource not available

Posted by franzR <re...@utanet.at>.
Hi,
your web server has normaly no knowledge that /examples/jsp/ is  processed
by a servlet engine. Therefore the web server looks in its own
document root and will detect that this resource is not available.

As tomcat is normaly listen for requests on port 8080 , you have to complete
your URL {http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp) or you use a plug-in handling
the communication between tomcat and the web server (i.e. mod_jk for apache)
See also: http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/mod_jk-howto.html)

franzR