Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Daniel Westheide <da...@gmx.de> on 2008/04/29 13:19:36 UTC

[JEXL] Integer division

Hello,

in the JEXL syntax reference - http://commons.apache.org/jexl/reference/syntax.html - it says that the div operator can be used to perform an integer division. In the example, "4 div 3" is supposed to give 1.

However, when I use the div operator in JEXL 1.0 or 1.1, its behaviour is identical to that of the division operator "/" - integer division simply seems not to be possible in JEXL. Is this a bug or is the documentation simply outdated?

Best regards,

Daniel
--
Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free

Re: [JEXL] Integer division

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@trongus.com>.
It does seem the docs are out of whack...maybe a bug was introduced during
the 1.0 phase....

I should check the tests

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 3:17 AM, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 4/29/08, Daniel Westheide <da...@gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >  in the JEXL syntax reference -
> http://commons.apache.org/jexl/reference/syntax.html - it says that the
> div operator can be used to perform an integer division. In the example, "4
> div 3" is supposed to give 1.
> >
> >  However, when I use the div operator in JEXL 1.0 or 1.1, its behaviour
> is identical to that of the division operator "/" - integer division simply
> seems not to be possible in JEXL. Is this a bug or is the documentation
> simply outdated?
> >
> <snip/>
>
> A quick look at the JEXL parser code seems to suggest that div and /
> are treated equivalently by the parser.
>
> Unless anyone chimes in WRT that bit of documentation about integer
> division (and/or the original intent for the operators), seems the
> docs need to be changed.
>
> -Rahul
>

> >  Any help would be very much appreciated.
> >
> >  Best regards,
> >
> >  Daniel

dIon Gillard
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" -
Arthur C. Clarke 1917 - 2008

Re: [JEXL] Integer division

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.