Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by gopes <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/29 19:19:58 UTC

Solr - query

HI ,

I am searching a string using wildcard and I would like to change my query
from
 http://localhost:8888/solr/addrinst/select?q=1234+BAY&start=0&rows=10
 http://localhost:8888/solr/addrinst/select?q="1234 BAY"&start=0&rows=10

my request hanlder is <requestHandler class="solr.SearchHandler"
default="true" name="auto">
<lst name="defaults">
    <str name="defType">edismax</str>
   <str name="echoParams">all</str>
   <int name="rows">10</int>

    <str name="qf">id name Street_Addr</str>
   <str name="fl">id,name,Street_Addr</str>
</lst>
</requestHandler>

Can some one give me a clue where I am going wrong

Thanks

Re: Solr - query

Posted by Michael Della Bitta <mi...@appinions.com>.
I think quotes are legal in URL encoding, so you might get away with
just putting a + between 1234 and BAY or failing that, %20.

Usually it's easier if you use a Solr client-side library to make
these types of calls so URL encoding isn't your problem, but I'm not
sure if that's a route that's available to you.

Michael Della Bitta

P.S. I think I had Thai food once near 1234 Bay. :)

Appinions, Inc. -- Where Influence Isn’t a Game.
http://www.appinions.com