Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io> on 2016/10/11 23:33:36 UTC

Deprecate DynamicRegionFactory

I'd like to reopen the discussion about deprecating
DynamicRegionFactory. This is some old crufty code I don't think we
want anyone to use. I see we had a ticket to deprecated it
(GEODE-388), but we chose not to do it because we don't have an
alternative API to create regions from the client (GEODE-215).

The thing is, there is a pretty easy workaround to use functions to
create regions from the client. Personally I'd recommend that over
DynamicRegionFactory. Can we just deprecate DynamicRegionFactory now
and implement GEODE-215 later?

-Dan

Re: Deprecate DynamicRegionFactory

Posted by Bruce Schuchardt <bs...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Le 10/12/2016 � 6:36 AM, Jens Deppe a �crit :

Posted by Jens Deppe <jd...@pivotal.io>.
+1 to remove it

Posted by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io>.

--
-John
503-504-8657

Re: Deprecate DynamicRegionFactory

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <uk...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Jinmei Liao <ji...@pivotal.io>.
+1 drop it if we don't want people to use it.

--
Cheers

Jinmei

Re: Deprecate DynamicRegionFactory