Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Andre Schumacher <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/25 11:35:53 UTC

missing org/apache/mahout/math/function/DoubleFunction (?)

Dear all,

I'm new to Mahout (and quite new to machine learning in general) but I was
wondering whether there may be a problem with the current SVN version
and missing class called DoubleFunction (part of ...math/function).

My concrete problem is that I would like to use SVDRecommender
together with ALSWRFactorizer and I get a missing class error
for DoubleFunction. I googled a bit and it seems that there used to
be a class called DoubleFunction but now there is only
DoubleDoubleFunction.

My question would be if there are pending changes to math vector/matrix
classes and if DoubleDoubleFunction has replaced DoubleFunction?

Thankful for any comments..

Andre

Re: missing org/apache/mahout/math/function/DoubleFunction (?)

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
Done, I resurrected the file as a simple step to something at least
consistent.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
I think we have some confusion between mahout-math and
mahout-collections. Both contain org.apache.mahout.math code, and in some
cases duplicate copies.

I think the best fix is actually to move things like DoubleDoubleFunction
out of mahout-math; they exist in mahout-collections which, despite the
module names, seems to be the home for interfaces like this.

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Andre Schumacher <andre.schumach@gmail.com

Posted by Andre Schumacher <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
DoubleFunction has not been removed, no. It is in the math package.
You need to make sure you have mahout-math in your classpath too.

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@googlemail.com>.
Hello Andre,

Could you post the stacktrace of your error? I guess there must be some
problem with your local setup as the builds on our continuous
integration system work fine.

--sebastian