Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com> on 2010/03/29 17:49:26 UTC

command line to remove a property

So,

Any of you command line gurus able to give me a command line that will delete the svn:mime-type property from any file with a .sql extension in my project folder? I'm on windows but do have msysgit installed so grep and some other unix commands are available.

BOb

RE: command line to remove a property

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.
> This will take care of the recursion:
>
>      for /R %f in (*.sql) do svn propdel svn:mime-type "%f"
>
> --
> Stein

Brilliant... thanks. This seems to do the trick.

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

$ svn propdel -R svn:mime-type .

should work as well.

	Bert

Re: command line to remove a property

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 13:49, Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com> wrote:
> So,
>

> Any of you command line gurus able to give me a command line that will
> delete the svn:mime-type property from any file with a .sql extension in my
> project folder? I'm on windows but do have msysgit installed so grep and
> some other unix commands are available.

Right from the standard Command Prompt:

svn propdel svn:mime-type *.sql

This won't recurse through subdirectories though; you might have to
wrap it in a script to process each subdirectory.