Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Musshorn, Kris T CTR USARMY RDECOM ARL (US)" <kr...@mail.mil> on 2016/07/14 17:14:41 UTC

RE: [Non-DoD Source] Re: SimplePost tool (UNCLASSIFIED)

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

Thanks for both replies.
I could configure an update handler to accomplish dedupe?

Thanks,
Kris

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kris T. Musshorn
FileMaker Developer - Contractor - Catapult Technology Inc.
US Army Research Lab
Aberdeen Proving Ground
Application Management & Development Branch
410-278-7251
kris.t.musshorn.ctr@mail.mil

No, the tool itself is just a glorified Solr-savvy `curl`.    Any deduplication would have to be in the Solr-side update handling (or before the post tool is invoked by selectively choosing what to send it).

	Erik

Re: [Non-DoD Source] SimplePost tool (UNCLASSIFIED)

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
What do you want to de-dupe by?

There’s the Signature update processor.  See https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/De-Duplication <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/De-Duplication> for details

	Erik