Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Jason Tjankilisan <ja...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/07/08 03:30:51 UTC

Applying JDKIM and SPF to the Mailets

Hi,

Sorry for the frequent asking but I just hit dead end with the DKIM config.
https://james.apache.org/jdkim/mailets/index.html -> so I just read this as my tutorial guidelines to apply DKIM to my mail. From what I understand, that the mail needed to be converted to 7 bit before being Sign by DKIM and the DKIM mailet has to be the last one. I guess I need to do DKIM so my mail has less chance of getting into SPAM + request.

So I downloaded the James JDKIM from this one : https://github.com/apache/james-jdkim
And take the DKIMSign.java and ConvertTo7Bit.java and my CustomMeiletTest.java (I need to use ANT cause request) and build those 3 using ANT so they become 1 jar file. But as expected, the file wont compile because some missing files from james/lib (probably didn’t have JDKIM Library from the start)

So I download the library from here : https://james.apache.org/download.cgi#Apache_jDKIM and I extract the apache-jdkim-library-0.2.jar and apache-jdkim-mailets-0.2.jar from the /lib and put it on james/lib/ and try to compile it. But it still missing some library.
I also downloaded this jar files http://www.badpenguin.co.uk/dkim/ and put it on james/lib and nothing works also.

For the SPF I there;s already one inside james/lib folder named : apache-jspf-resolver-1.0.1.jar so I guess I don’t need to find for SPF library and just use it in the mailetcontainer.xml as you mentioned it in the last mail (haven’t tried since it since I didn’t found anything related how to use the SPF, but will search more)

So my question is :
1. How do I know what is the sending mailet and receiveing mailet? So I can put the DKIMSign Mailet before the sending mailet. (Im guessing the
2. From the  https://james.apache.org/download.cgi#Apache_jDKIM, should I also put the Javadoc, source sources also in james/lib?
3. Am I adding the wrong library or misunderstood the procedure of adding DKIM and SPF mailets? I really need to know this so I can document this and make a tutorial full from setting apache James to adding DKIM and SPF.
4. Should I really needed the https://github.com/apache/james-jdkim ? all of it was a java files, and I don’t know how to turn all of them into 1 jar so I can use as library I think?

Im sorry for the lack of understanding and any wrong work, I hope it wasn’t too much.

thank you for the help.

Sincerely, Jason

Sent from Mail for Windows 10