Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ken Osman <ke...@ntlworld.com> on 2004/01/14 17:14:37 UTC

[users@httpd] Cannot start Apache 2.04 on Windows ME

Help has been sought on this several times on FAQs but I have not seen a solution that works.

I have down loaded and installed Apache 2  and it all goes well. I am set it up as a localhost on port 80, then localhost on port 8080 and 808. Have also tried including the IP address.

I get corresponding versions of error "OS10038 socket operation on non socket make-sock  : for address 0.0.0.0:80, apr-socket-opt-set :(SO KEEP ALIVE)
no listening sockets available, shutting down unable to open logs"

Dr Watson says something altered the system files!

My Mcaffee firewall activity analyser shows that "Apache server located in C: Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\Apache.exe was allowed to access the
 internet "and immediately after another message says it closed.

I am not using the sockets 80, 8080,808 for anything else as far as I am aware so nothing else should be listening on them and I have tried disabling the firewall.

I am not sure what to try next. Can anyone help?

Re: [users@httpd] Cannot start Apache 2.04 on Windows ME

Posted by Ken Osman <ke...@ntlworld.com>.
Bryan
 Thankyou for taking the trouble to reply.

For various reasons I would like to try Apache but might give up soon!

I have tried not using a bind address but without result

Ken

Posted by Bryan Irvine <br...@kingcountyjournal.com>.
Shouldn't you be using IIS?  ;-)