Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> on 2010/11/02 18:47:17 UTC

SOAP-over-UDP support in CXF?

I know there is a SOAP-over-UDP spec but I don't see that anyone has
implemented a package for handling it.

I am looking to modernize a legacy application that uses UDP packets (in
both directions) as a data-transmission mechanism.  It's written in C
with C structs passed in datagrams between the client and server.  The
system is kept in synch by means of "synchronization" messages sent from
server to client (that's the reason for bidirectionality).  These are
used instead of "return values" to the original messages.  Messages sent
from client to server do not expect returns.   Since the server part
will only be wrapped (not a complete rewrite) it seems necessary to keep
the UDP semantics in any modernization.

SOAP-over-UDP may be overkill, but can anyone tell me if it's been
implemented, either by CXF or someone else?

Re: SOAP-over-UDP support in CXF?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
If you read back in the archive, you'll see a message from me about
where to look in the source if you want to create soap messages (or
read them) in memory without bothering to make a transport. You could
mark them one-way, for good measure.

Posted by UlhasBhole <ub...@fusesource.com>.
Hi Steve,