Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Jun Li <jl...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/10 20:30:46 UTC

whether dfs.domain.socket.path is supported in Hadoop 1.1?

Hi,

In the link,
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/hdfs-default.xml,

the explanation:
dfs.domain.socket.path

is that:

"Optional. This is a path to a UNIX domain socket that will be used for
communication between the DataNode and local HDFS clients. If the string
"_PORT" is present in this path, it will be replaced by the TCP port of the
DataNode."

I am trying to evaluate the short-circuit read and find that typically this
dfs.domain.socket.path is used in conjunction to enabling the short circuit
for HDFS.

I am using Hadoop 1.1.2. And from the source code of Hadoop 1.1.2, I can
not find the configuration parameter of this "dfs.domain.socket.path" and I
wonder whether this parameter setting only gets used by  Hadoop 2.*
release?

Could you provide explanation on this about the Hadoop version support?

Regards,

Jun

Re: whether dfs.domain.socket.path is supported in Hadoop 1.1?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
HDFS-347 introduced this feature, and it is currently only available
in 2.1.x onwards.

--
Harsh J

Re: whether dfs.domain.socket.path is supported in Hadoop 1.1?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: whether dfs.domain.socket.path is supported in Hadoop 1.1?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: whether dfs.domain.socket.path is supported in Hadoop 1.1?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J