Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org> on 2017/03/19 10:38:31 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache UIMA uimaFIT 2.3.0 RC 1

Hi all,

this is a bugfix and minor feature release. Particularly noteworthy are:

- support for mime type and language capabilities
- fixed bugs and improved documentation for selectCovered, selectCovering, selectPreceding, selectRelative
- life-cycle methods not called on all components instantiated by uimaFIT
- faster indexCovered implementation

Staging repository:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1134

SVN tag:

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimafit/tags/uimafit-2.3.0

Release artifacts are here:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uimafit-2.3.0-rc1/

Overall 22 issues have been resolved for this release.
They can be found in the jira-report.html.

... and here:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.3.0uimaFIT%20AND%20resolution%20is%20not%20EMPTY

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ]  0 Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Cheers,

-- Richard

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA uimaFIT 2.3.0 RC 1

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
compared svn-tag to source-release - OK (a lot of whitespace diff, \r vs
\n?)
mvn clean install svn-tag - OK
mvn clean install source-release - OK
spot checked issues/license/notice/release-notes - OK
spot checked sigs/checksums - OK
- reports that the key is not public. I remember that I verfied it
successfully once and the key should be known. Don't know what's again
wrong with my machine...
build ruta-core with staged artefacts - OK

[X] +1 OK to release

Peter

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
OK - Compared SVN branch with source ZIP

OK - Compiled from sources ZIP (empty Maven repo)

OK - checked diff
- Spot checked LICENSES/NOTICE files
- Some copyrights should be update from 2016 to 2017, but IMHO not critical
- Skipped in-depth dependency check of LICENSES/NOTICE files because
  there were no changes in compile/runtime dependencies
- Skipped in-depth check of binary package for the same reason
- Change in test dependencies (xmlunit) does not affect these files
- Change in build plugins (japicmp) does not affect these files

OK - Check README

OK - Check DocBook documentation

OK - jira-report

OK - check if all issues on version 2.3.0 are resolved

OK - spot check of (my own) signature on staged artifacts

OK - built DKPro Core against Maven staged artifacts

[X] +1 OK to release

-- Richard

japicmp vs semver

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
> On 28.03.2017, at 21:42, Marshall Schor <sc...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> (not a blocker) api change report: seems to be a delta with 2.1.0, not 2.2.0?

I thought it would be a good idea only to increase the reference version if there is a good reason (i.e. a change that would not be compatible with semver).

Btw... I am a bit unsure. In the semver plugin, the plugin could tell us whether a major or minor version increase was in order. How does the jcmpapi work in this respect? I skimmed through the settings and it appeared to me that any kind of incompatible change would cause a build failure. But I'm not really sure what incompatible means here and how that maps to semver. Do we have to be more careful now and manually read the report in order to determine what kind of version change would be appropriate?

> (not a blocker) api change report: not mentioned in ReleaseNotes, and no
> aggregation of it at top level.

Is there a special setup to create such an aggregation?

-- Richard

[VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache UIMA uimaFIT 2.3.0 RC 1

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
The vote passes, with 3 +1 votes, and no other votes received.

Voting +1:  Marshall Schor, Peter Klügl, Richard Eckart de Castilho.

Thanks to all who voted and tested.

-- Richard

Posted by Marshall Schor <sc...@apache.org>.

signatures - OK

compare tag with source release: OK

build from sources - OK

(not a blocker) api change report: seems to be a delta with 2.1.0, not 2.2.0?
(not a blocker) api change report: not mentioned in ReleaseNotes, and no
aggregation of it at top level.

License / notice: no change from 2.2.0 release.

issues fixed - ok

artifacts in repository - spot checked - look OK.

[X] +1 OK to release

- -Marshall Schor

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Hi,