Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@apache.org> on 2019/09/05 04:42:34 UTC

Deleting older releases from svn?

One of the steps that I haven't yet done as a release manager is,
deleting the older releases from our svn repo at
dist/release/ant[binaries/sources/manual]. The release instructions say
that it's as simple as "svn rm". But before doing that I wanted to check
if I should be moving those to some "archive" location before the "svn rm"?

-Jaikiran

Re: Deleting older releases from svn?

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Plus the old releases would still technically be available via the
subversion history.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Deleting older releases from svn?

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2019-09-05, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> One of the steps that I haven't yet done as a release manager is,
> deleting the older releases from our svn repo at
> dist/release/ant[binaries/sources/manual]. The release instructions say
> that it's as simple as "svn rm". But before doing that I wanted to check
> if I should be moving those to some "archive" location before the "svn rm"?

No, just delete them.

archive.apache.org rsyncs releases and is independent of the dist svn
repo.

Stefan