Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Zvi Har'El <rl...@math.technion.ac.il> on 1998/05/26 11:53:20 UTC

mod_autoindex/2282: ISO-8859-1 characters with code>=243 disappear in AddDescription

>Number:         2282
>Category:       mod_autoindex
>Synopsis:       ISO-8859-1 characters with code>=243 disappear in AddDescription
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
If you use ISO-8859-1 Characters in the description field of a AddDescription
command, and I mean use the 8-bit, one byte, characters themselves rather than
using entities names, eithet numeric or symbolic,  then certain characters are
transmitted as spaces for charaters with decimal code starting at
243 (small o, acute accent), namely, 243, 244, 245, 246, 250 and 253.
Characters with code 242 and below, and HTML entities, are treated correctly.
The problem doesnot arise for the code entered via the HEADER file.
>How-To-Repeat:
Try http://www.math.technion.ac.il/~rl/JulesVerne/margot/test/
.htaccess and HEADER are copies (links) of the file TEXT so you can view
them. Note that the descriptions of the files x243x,x244x,x245x,x246x,x250x,x253x
have a space for the last character intead of the correct 8-bit character.
>Fix:
I haven't check the sources to find what is the origin of this strange behaviour