Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Ted Zlatanov <tz...@lifelogs.com> on 2010/02/10 04:42:35 UTC

need help with filtering columns

I put up some patches implementing bitmasks applied to a SliceRange:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-764

I'm getting crazy column names when I try to use the predicates, though
(see "ant test -Dtest.name=TableTest").  Something is getting
stringified or otherwise corrupted and I can't figure it out.  I've
looked at the code for a while and hope it's something really obvious
I'm overlooking.

Thanks
Ted

Re: need help with filtering columns

Posted by Ted Zlatanov <tz...@lifelogs.com>.
On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 21:42:35 -0600 Ted Zlatanov <tz...@lifelogs.com> wrote:

TZ> I put up some patches implementing bitmasks applied to a SliceRange:
TZ> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-764

TZ> I'm getting crazy column names when I try to use the predicates, though
TZ> (see "ant test -Dtest.name=TableTest").  Something is getting
TZ> stringified or otherwise corrupted and I can't figure it out.  I've
TZ> looked at the code for a while and hope it's something really obvious
TZ> I'm overlooking.

The crazy column names were due to assertColumns(), the column names
were correct underneath.  Like several other things I chased working on
this issue, it was a red herring.

I just updated the ticket with a potential solution which patches over a
bug in my code or in the existing Cassandra code (the row cache seems to
contain an invalid value after a flush, but only in my tests).  Either
way it at least passes all the tests now.

Ted