Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by James Shaw <he...@btopenworld.com> on 2005/03/25 17:07:39 UTC

Pretty printing from DOM [was: Bugette in SVG pretty printer]

Thomas DeWeese wrote:
> James Shaw wrote:
>
>> Batik CVS 19/03/2005
>>
>> I have noticed that the SVG pretty printer handles a document like
>> this one incorrectly:
>>
>> <svg:svg svg:xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
>>
>> The pretty printer converts this to:
>

>   Not for me I get the same thing as I get in.  It looks
> to me like the document has been turned into a DOM and then
> serialized at some point (the PP never adds attrs).

I am trying to pass an SVGDocument that I have created in-memory (i.e.
there is no copy of it on disc) to the pretty printer.

I have extended org.apache.batik.apps.svgpp.Main and I am calling the
transcoder like this:

PRETTY_PRINTER.transform(new TranscoderInput(doc), new
TranscoderOutput(writer));

where doc is the SVGDocument and PRETTY_PRINTER is my extension of
batik.apps.svgpp.Main.  From what you say, this could be the reason for
the breakage.  How would you suggest I implement this?

Thanks in advance
James Shaw

Re: Pretty printing from DOM [was: Bugette in SVG pretty printer]

Posted by James Shaw <he...@btopenworld.com>.
Thomas DeWeese wrote:
> James Shaw wrote:

[snip]

>> I have extended org.apache.batik.apps.svgpp.Main and I am calling the
>> transcoder like this:
>>
>> PRETTY_PRINTER.transform(new TranscoderInput(doc), new
>> TranscoderOutput(writer));
>>
>> where doc is the SVGDocument and PRETTY_PRINTER is my extension of
>> batik.apps.svgpp.Main.  From what you say, this could be the reason
>> for the breakage.  How would you suggest I implement this?
>

>   My suspicion is that your document is the problem.
>   Try and view the document you are outputting.

My apologies, it was indeed my document that was at fault.  I'd
forgotten to run it through the DOM3 LSSerializer.  Thanks for your
time, Thomas.

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
James Shaw wrote:

> I am trying to pass an SVGDocument that I have created in-memory (i.e.
> there is no copy of it on disc) to the pretty printer.

    Then how do you know what attributes are on the root element?
The transcoder uses DOMUtilities to 'serialize' the DOM before it
is sent to the pretty printer.