Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by ro...@bowtech.com on 2003/07/30 20:34:42 UTC

Re: Setup Question - a bit further along

I have moved further along.

Now I get Class not found in reference to one of my classes from
repository_user.xml

Am I correct in thinking that I need to create these classes by hand, that
they are not generated by OJB as I had thought.

Also are these simply bean type objects with getter and  setter methods for
each field.

Regards

Ross Rotherham
Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi Ross,

ross@bowtech.com wrote:
> I have moved further along.
>
> Now I get Class not found in reference to one of my classes from
> repository_user.xml
>
> Am I correct in thinking that I need to create these classes by hand, that
> they are not generated by OJB as I had thought.

YES! Ojb does not generate persistent classes on the fly!
Please refer to http://db.apache.org/ojb/howto-build-mappings.html for
details.

> Also are these simply bean type objects with getter and  setter methods for
> each field.

OJB supports POJO-style entity objects. getters and setters would be
nice, but we'll do without them.

cheers,
Thomas