Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by las <la...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/18 06:00:18 UTC

accessing httpservletrequest session in apache cxf rest service

Is it ok to access httpservletrequest -> session object in rest service
implementation? I understand rest api is supposed to be stateless and should
not use cookies etc., please advise.

Re: accessing httpservletrequest session in apache cxf rest service

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
On 18/06/15 05:00, las wrote:
> Is it ok to access httpservletrequest -> session object in rest service
> implementation? I understand rest api is supposed to be stateless and should
> not use cookies etc., please advise.
Many real world applications use sessions. Perhaps you can avoid it and
say use an authenticated principal name to keep the user specific data
representing the current session locally.

Cheers, Sergey