Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by David Garcia <da...@spiceworks.com> on 2016/07/18 16:50:27 UTC

Null Output topic for Kafka Streams

I would like to process messages from an input topic, but I don’t want to send messages downstream…with KStreams.  (i.e. I would like to read from a topic, do some processing including occasional database updates, and that’s it…no output to a topic).  I could fake this by filtering out all my messages, and specify a fake topic…but I was wondering if there is a less hacky way to do this.  Thx!

-David J. Garcia

Re: Null Output topic for Kafka Streams

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
You can use KStream#foreach() as last operator.

-Matthias