Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ertio Lew <er...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/14 20:11:00 UTC

How do I add a custom comparator class to a cassandra cluster ?

I need to add a custom comparator to a cluster, to sort columns in a
certain customized fashion. How do I add the class to the cluster  ?

Re: How do I add a custom comparator class to a cassandra cluster ?

Posted by Dave Brosius <db...@mebigfatguy.com>.
it can be in a separate jar with just one class.

Posted by Ertio Lew <er...@gmail.com>.

tom.duffield.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> Kirk is correct.

> On Monday, May 14, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Kirk True wrote:
>
> Disclaimer: I've never tried, but I'd imagine you can drop a JAR
> containing the class(es) into the lib directory and perform a rolling
> restart of the nodes.
>
> On 5/14/12 11:11 AM, Ertio Lew wrote:
>
> I need to add a custom comparator to a cluster, to sort columns in a
> certain customized fashion. How do I add the class to the cluster ?

Re: How do I add a custom comparator class to a cassandra cluster ?

Kirk is correct.

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.
That's right. Create class that implements the required interface and then
drop that jar in lib directory and start the cluster.

Posted by Kirk True <ki...@mustardgrain.com>.

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.
I agree with Brandon. We only use it for enhancing authz and authn modules
to use LDAP that C* currently doesn't provide.

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ertio Lew <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.