Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "garima.j" <ga...@ril.com> on 2019/01/15 11:18:23 UTC

SQLFieldsQuery timeout is not working

Hello,

I'm using the below code to execute a SQL fields query :

SqlFieldsQuery qry = new
SqlFieldsQuery(jfsIgniteSQLFilter.getSQLQuery()).setTimeout(timeout,TimeUnit.MILLISECONDS);
List<?> listFromCache = cache.query(qry).getAll();

The query doesn't timeout at all. My timeout is 5 milliseconds and the data
is retrieved in 168 ms without timing out.

Please let me know what am I missing.

RE: SQLFieldsQuery timeout is not working

Posted by Stanislav Lukyanov <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

What’s your Ignite version?
Can you share Ignite and cache configs and the query SQL?

Thanks,
Stan

Posted by Taras Ledkov <tl...@gridgain.com>.
Looks like your query scans more then 4K rows to produce 200 rows result
set.

15.01.2019 17:02, garima.j пишет:
> Hi,
>
> The number of rows in the table are 300k. In the SQL query, I specify the
> limit as 10.
>
> If I increase the limit to 200, it throws QueryCancelledException and times
> out. Is timeout dependent on the resultset size as well?
>
> Also, is there any way through which I can customize H2 timeout scanned row
> count (instead of 4k rows).

Taras Ledkov

Re: SQLFieldsQuery timeout is not working

Posted by Taras Ledkov <tl...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

Timeout isn't dependent on the result set size but timeout is checked
one time for 4K rows are scanned.

15.01.2019 17:02, garima.j пишет:
> Hi,
>
> The number of rows in the table are 300k. In the SQL query, I specify the
> limit as 10.
>
> If I increase the limit to 200, it throws QueryCancelledException and times
> out. Is timeout dependent on the resultset size as well?
>
> Also, is there any way through which I can customize H2 timeout scanned row
> count (instead of 4k rows).

Taras Ledkov

Re: SQLFieldsQuery timeout is not working

Posted by Taras Ledkov <tl...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

How many rows does the result set contains? How many rows are scanned to
produce the result?
Ignite use H2 as the SQL frontend.
H2 checks the timeout after each 4K scanned rows.