Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@apache.org> on 2020/09/08 15:50:02 UTC

Re: Release 1.7.0 (for real this time)

Master registry backport work <https://github.com/apache/hbase/pull/2280>
for branch-1 is ready for review if anyone wants to take a look. Changes
are a bit more involved than branch-2/master due to code divergence, Java-7
compatibility etc. All the tests seem to be passing (except a couple of
flakes which are known issues in other branches). Given the size of the PR,
I'm happy to break it in smaller pieces if needed.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good Sean. We can wait.

> On Sep 28, 2020, at 11:17 AM, Sean Busbey <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'd like to make sure HBASE-25083 gets handled for the 1.7 release.
> Not sure if I'll have time before the weekend but I'll make a go. It's
> not particularly critical.
>
>> On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 10:03 AM Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you so much Reid.
>>
>> I will take a look again this week. Bharath landed the master registry
>> work. Viraj's backport of the online slowlog is also about to be approved
>> and merged (by me I think). Now that these are in it's time for another
>> pass of unit test checking, then we can proceed with spinning the RC.
>>
>> TestClientOperationInterrupt can be temporarily disabled with a JIRA filed
>> to re-enable if it's going to take too much time to fix right away.
>>
>> Before spinning the RC I like to generate a report with the compatibility
>> checker. There will be some changes flagged in the report this time. We
>> typically allow changes that are binary compatible per the Java guidelines:
>> https://docs.oracle.com/javase/specs/jls/se8/html/jls-13.html . Our own
>> compatibility guidelines are written to be flexible. For each exception we
>> can consider the changes case by case and decide if the changes as-is are
>> fine, or if additional backwards compatibility work is needed, or if a
>> change must be partially or completely reverted.
>>
>> Once the compatibility situation is settled it would be time to spin the RC
>> bits using make_rc.sh. If you want to do that, fine by me, or I can do it.
>>

>>> On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 4:10 AM Reid Chan <re...@outlook.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> TestRestartCluster (IO error on shutdown) is fixed in HBASE-25030
>>> TestReplicationDisableInactivePeer (testDisableInactivePeer) is fixed in
>>> HBASE-25031
>>> TestFromClientSide (testCheckAndDeleteWithCompareOp) &
>>> TestFromClientSideWithCoprocessor (testCheckAndDeleteWithCompareOp) are
>>> fixed in HBASE-25025. But after HBASE-25025,
>>> TestFromClientSide#testCacheOnWriteEvictOnClose surfaces, 100% wrong, I
>>> will take a look at it.
>>> TestClientOperationInterrupt (testInterrupt50Percent). Filed HBASE-25024,
>>> but this test is hard to fix, if we have to make sure 50% threads get
>>> interrupted.
>>> TestReplicationSmallTests (testHBase14905), it does fail occasionally,
>>> pending.
>>>
>>> TestClusterPortAssignment
>>> TestHCM
>>> TestExecutorService
>>> TestZKLessAMOnCluster

Posted by Sean Busbey <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
A quick update. RC activity for this release is on hold until after
Single's Day, but we should be able to wrap it up soon afterward.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
I am not sure of the status of online slowlog. Have all the backports been
committed? If not yes help would be appreciated to finish the PR reviews
etc.

HBASE-25083 is a simple thing we can do at the last minute, no worries
there.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Thank you so much Reid.

Posted by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@apache.org>.
Sure, will do.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Thanks! Will look today. Have been waiting for this to land.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands