Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Vincent Pérès <vi...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/31 16:40:31 UTC

What are the way to update / delete solr datas?

Hello,

I'm trying to find the best way to update / delete datas according to my
project (developed with javascript and rails).
I would like to do something like that :
http://localhost:8983/solr/update/?q=id:1&rate=4
and
http://localhost:8983/solr/delete/?q=id:1
Is it possible ?

But I found only these two ways :
http://localhost:8983/solr/update/csv?commit=true&separator=%09&escape=\&stream.file=/tmp/result.text
or using an xml file with that :

The last possibility is to use the solr-ruby library.

Is there any way I forgot ?

Thanks,
Vincent

Re: What are the way to update / delete solr datas?

Posted by Vincent Pérès <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your quick answer.

I'm using only HTTP to display my results, that's why I would like to
continue with this way.
If I can use HTTP instead of solr, it will be better for me.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.