Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/04 21:04:01 UTC

Behavior of Split method in HBaseAdmin

If we programmatically split a table by async method in HBaseAdmin class
and even after waiting for quite a while, the split does not happen (there
is no difference in number of regions before and after the split call) and
there is no error or an exception either, does it mean that there is
something wrong or is there a valid scenario foe this behavior as well?

I am providing the split point as well.

Cdh5.3.0 is the version.

Thanks.

Regards,
Shahab

Re: Behavior of Split method in HBaseAdmin

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
You should see your split request being logged in the master logs.

SPLITTING_NEW would seem to indicate splits happening.

Open master log, run your command, and then see what shows in the log
thereafter.

St.Ack

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thank for the reply Stack.