Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/08/04 14:18:06 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Trivial Update of "ZooKeeper/GSoCMonitoringAndWebInterface" by AndreiSavu

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The "ZooKeeper/GSoCMonitoringAndWebInterface" page has been changed by AndreiSavu.
The comment on this change is: page cleanup.
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/GSoCMonitoringAndWebInterface?action=diff&rev1=12&rev2=13

  ZooKeeper is a complex distributed system. Understanding how well it is running is tremendously important. Patrick Hunt has created a [[http://github.com/phunt/zookeeper_dashboard|Django-based dashboard]] that allows some insight into how ZooKeeper is running. This is the foundation I'm going to build on. This project would capture much more information from ZooKeeper, adding hooks to retrieve it where necessary and visualize it in an appealing and useful way. I'm also going to provide a bunch of monitoring recipes for systems like: Ganglia, Nagios, Cacti.

  == Work In Progress ==
-  * [[http://github.com/andreisavu/zookeeper-dashboard|ZooKeeper Dashboard]] : web-based administrative interface
+  * [[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-808|ZOOKEEPER-808]]
+    * I'm going to build this as a Hue app
+  * [[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-809|ZOOKEEPER-809]]
+    * remaining: config, ACLs, auth, packaging
+
+ == Backlog ==
   * [[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-757|ZOOKEEPER-757]]
-  * [[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-808|ZOOKEEPER-808]]
-  * [[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-809|ZOOKEEPER-809]]

  == Awaiting review ==
   * [[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-780|ZOOKEEPER-780]]

  == Committed to trunk ==
   * [[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-765|ZOOKEEPER-765]]
-  * [[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-799|ZOOKEEPER-799]] - GitHub Repo: [[http://github.com/andreisavu/zookeeper-monitoring|zookeeper-monitoring]]
+  * [[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-799|ZOOKEEPER-799]]
+    * Github Repository: [[http://github.com/andreisavu/zookeeper-monitoring|zookeeper-monitoring]]
   * [[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-744|ZOOKEEPER-744]]
   * [[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-754|ZOOKEEPER-754]]

@@ -66, +70 @@

  Activities:

   * package zkpython bindings (distutils, .deb, .rpm)
+    * already available: apt-get install python-zookeeper
   * simple authentication and custom authentication backend based on zookeeper
+    * not needed: the web-based application will use the authentication provided by Hue
   * interface and server side code for server list configuration
   * view server, environment and connection info: most of the code already works
   * javascript based znode hierarchy browser