Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by tp...@gmfoto.de on 2008/07/31 18:13:48 UTC

Path to long while unzipping geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.1-bin

Hi List,

i've now beeing downloading the current stable 2.1.1 Version in zip format
with tomcat, and i tried to unzip it to the C:\Program Files\... Directory
under Windows Vista.
At the end of the unzip prozess i get an error path ist to long?

Any suggestions?

Thx

GM-Foto GmbH
Thomas Poth

IT-Manager
Tel.: 0049-69-238570-0
Fax: 0049-69-238570-30
Mail: poth@gmfoto.de
Web: www.gmfoto.de

GM-Foto GmbH, Taunusstraße 47, D-60329 Frankfurt am Main
Telefon: +49 69 238570-0, Telefax: +49 69 238570-30
Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main: HRB 19494
Geschäftsführer: Walter Adler und Harald Remsperger

Öffnungszeiten: Montag - Freitag, 9:00 - 18:30 Uhr

Internet: http://www.gmfoto.de , E-Mail: gmfoto@gmfoto.de

Antwort: Re: Path to long while unzipping geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.1-bin

Posted by tp...@gmfoto.de.
Hi Kevan,

Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> schrieb am 31.07.2008 18:31:30:

> One request -- when starting a new discussion thread, please use
> "New Message" instead of "Reply" and then changing the Subject line.
> Some mail readers (e.g. mine ;-) will organize your "new thread" in
> the previous thread.
>
> Thanks!

I thought if i hit the reply Button an then change the subject, there is
no relation to the previuos message.
Thanks for the hint :-)

Best regards

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 31, 2008, at 12:13 PM, tpoth@gmfoto.de wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> i've now beeing downloading the current stable 2.1.1 Version in zip
> format with tomcat, and i tried to unzip it to the C:\Program Files
> \... Directory under Windows Vista.
> At the end of the unzip prozess i get an error path ist to long?
>
> Any suggestions?

Yes. Choose a shorter path (e.g. c:\) to unpack into. Windoze has a
limit on the number of characters in a path.

One request -- when starting a new discussion thread, please use "New
Message" instead of "Reply" and then changing the Subject line. Some
mail readers (e.g. mine ;-) will organize your "new thread" in the

Thanks!

--kevan