Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Gao Jun <jg...@patternware.com> on 2002/03/13 03:56:28 UTC

Problem in rewrite url

Hi, all,
    I'm an apache beginner. I've used it on windows platform where I have used the rewrite module
to rewrite a "download" to "download.html", the script is as below:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
 RewriteEngine on
 Rewriterule ^(.download)$ /download.shtml [R=301]
</IfModule>

It works fine. And then we want move the webserver to Linux platform. I have made an apache with
rewrite module on it and then use the same script above there. However, it doesn't work. Each time
I access http://xxx.xxx.xxx/download, I will be told this page is not there and it doesn't redirect me
to the page I want to be redirected.

So can anyone of you help me to figure out what might be the cause that prevent the rewrite work?
Or tell me some way to trouble-shooting this? Thanks
Gao, Jun
patternWare Systems, Inc.
jgao@patternware.com

Re: Problem in rewrite url

Posted by Mike <mi...@ironmikie.nl>.
Add the following:

RewriteLog somewhere/somename.log
RewriteLogLevel 9 (or lower)

And then watch the log so you can see where it goes wrong!

Greetz

MichaelZ