Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by prad <pr...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/09/05 11:59:55 UTC

How send svg content to browser as response

Hi,

Am processing some svg files on server side and after processing i need to
send the svg as response...I set the mime type as "image/svg+xml"
and  tried the below code

                      HttpServletResponse response)
		    throws ServletException, IOException{

	response.setContentType("text/html");
	PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();

	out.println("<html>");
	out.println("  <head>");
	out.println("    <title>SimpleServlet</title>");
	out.println("  </head>");
	out.println("  <body>");
	out.println("    Hello, World");
	out.println("  </body>");
	out.println("</html>");
    }

when i invoke this servlet .....it's showing download dialog box and if
press ok .....servletName.svg file gets downloads
Why its not directly displaying the contents in the browser...Any help plz..

Thanks & Regards
Prad

Re: How send svg content to browser as response

Posted by Giorgio Clavelli <gi...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure if this can help, but some time ago, I played around SVG (only
with Firefox implementation) and was able, after my search homework to have
SVG content in a JSP file. If you are just mocking around and hasn't strict
requirements on using specifically servlet, then have a look at this post:
http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368659&highlight=SVG

Posted by prad <pr...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi ,

Posted by Giorgio Clavelli <gi...@gmail.com>.
If you are targeting firefox's svg implementation. Have a read at this
first:
http://jwatt.org/svg/authoring/

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de>.
prad wrote:
> Am processing some svg files on server side and after processing i need to
> send the svg as response...I set the mime type as "image/svg+xml"
> and  tried the below code

What has this servlet...
>  public void doGet(HttpServletRequest request,
>                       HttpServletResponse response)
> 		    throws ServletException, IOException{
>
> 	response.setContentType("text/html");
> 	PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
>
> 	out.println("<html>");
> 	out.println("  <head>");
> 	out.println("    <title>SimpleServlet</title>");
> 	out.println("  </head>");
> 	out.println("  <body>");
> 	out.println("    Hello, World");
> 	out.println("  </body>");