Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> on 2022/01/10 17:10:18 UTC

[NOTICE] - Freeze and branch for Apache NetBeans 13 on Jan 17th

Hi All,

This is advance notice that we're intending to freeze and branch for
NetBeans 13 on Jan 17th.

As we wind down towards 13, please help with reviewing remaining
pending pull requests by Jan 16th.  Please be release aware - merged
PRs should be ready for release and not require follow up.  If in
doubt, push back to NB14 (milestone just added).

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/milestone/15

We're intending to create the delivery and release branches on Jan
17th.  All remaining open PRs will be retagged to NB14.  Anything that
requires merging to 13 after that date should be opened / rebased
against delivery for review.

We'll aim to get a first release candidate build available on Jan 19th.

Geertjan, Eric and I will be splitting the release work in the same
way as for 12.6.  If anyone else would like to join our motley crew,
otherwise known as the release team, it would be good to get 1 or 2
more people involved ready for future releases.  Committers-only,
limited time opportunity! :-)

Thanks all and best wishes,

Neil