Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2002/01/15 07:47:58 UTC

Re: XSL Docs

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:17, Jeremy Aston wrote:
> in the direction of a tool called xsldoc (www.xsldoc.org).
>As you may or may not know it creates documentation on
>xsl files using the same methodology as javadoc.  I note
>that some of the c2 logicsheets have been commented
>with this in mind and I wonder if as part of the release effort
>we should complete that in file documentation, add the
>xsldoc.jar to the build and add in the relevent calls as part
>of the javadoc target build.  For many developers the
>logicsheet calls will be the stuff that is of real interest.
>
>Thoughts?
>Jez

Jeremy, i certainly see this as a good idea. Some generated
documentation is an excellent way to go. What do others think?

(I note that this is the first reply to your thread. Perhaps it
got lost in the hecticness of end-of-year.)

I had a quick look at the xsldoc website. It looks very
professional and complete. However, do you have any idea
why it is still at version 0.93 (2001-03-24)? I checked
their release notes and there is no indication.

I tried to find some sort of licence agreement to be sure
that all was OK. I could not find anything (did not try the
source). This was the only statement that i could see
(from the bottom of the home page) ...
"Copyright © 2000-2001, Rick Maddy, All Rights Reserved."
As far as i understand, it would need a better licence
before it could be included with Apache Cocoon. Perhaps
someone else can comment.

--David