Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Res Pons <po...@hotmail.com> on 2006/04/18 22:59:35 UTC

SVN Access

I'm running Apache2 with SVN 1.3.0 and I'm going to use an access file to
restrict access.

I've go the file to work and here's a copy of what's in my httpconf and the
access file respectively

<Location /svn>
   DAV svn

   SVNPath /local1/svn
   #SVNParentPath /local1/svn
#   SVNIndexXSLT "/usr/local/apache2/svnindex.xsl"

   AuthzSVNAccessFile /local1/svn/conf/svn-access-file
   #Satisfy Any
   Require valid-user

    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Subversion Access"
    AuthUserFile /local1/svn/conf/svn-pwd-file

</Location>
----------------------

[groups]

svnAdmin = user1, user2
svnTags = user1
svnWriteGroup = user1, user2, user3, user4,
svnReadGroup = user5, user6,
svntesters = testuser
svnScripts = user1, user4

[/]
* = r
@svnAdmin = rw

[/proj1]
@svnWriteGroup = rw
@svnReadGroup = r

[/proj1/tags]
@svnTags = rw
@svnWriteGroup =
@svnReadGroup =
@svnAdmin =

[/proj2]
@svntesters =
@svnWriteGroup =
#siravani =
@svnAdmin =

[/proj3]
@svnScripts = rw

and so on....
.
.
.

------------------------------

My QUESTION is: if a project is not listed in the access file, by default
only inherits * = r from the root?  Which means I have to list EVERY project
and have a precise plan as to whom can or can't access what have you?  Am I
on the right track with this set up?  Feeback please.

Thanks.

Re: SVN Access

Posted by Res Pons <po...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply Frank.  I have about 9 to 10 separate projects, all in
one repository.  They're all part of the same product but independent of
each other pretty much.

>My QUESTION is: if a project is not listed in the access file, by default
>only inherits * = r from the root?  Which means I have to list EVERY
>project and have a precise plan as to whom can or can't access what have
>you?  Am I on the right track with this set up?  Feeback please.
>
>Thanks.

You are on the right track.  How many projects do you have??

I have multiple projects, but have them set up as separate repositories
generally broken down into applications.  Although some of the applications
work together, they are still separate (non-shared code), and my permissions
files are not individually huge.

In short - if you want to control a directory, you have to enter that
directory and its permissions.  Doesn't matter how many projects or
directories you have.

Regards,
Frank

Re: SVN Access

Posted by Frank Gruman <fg...@verizon.net>.

SVN Access

Posted by Res Pons <po...@hotmail.com>.
REPOSTING AGAIN: Does anyone know the answer to my question?