Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Jason S. Clary" <jc...@futurefx.com> on 1997/01/20 19:48:54 UTC

Re:New multithreadded core

btw, Is the new core available to people who'd like to alpha test it?  And
generly
fiddle with it... ?

I'd like to get an idea of what its going to be like before it realy goes into
production.. I understand the multithreaded core is already written and
somewhat
tested.

Just wondering.. thanks

Re:New multithreadded core

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Jason S. Clary wrote:
> btw, Is the new core available to people who'd like to alpha test it?  And
> generly fiddle with it... ?

Currently the status of the 2.0 work which Rob Thau has done is unclear - it's
not on a public site anymore and it's not clear he'll be returning to the group
after he finishes his thesis work over the next few months.  There's the
possibility that we'll have to begin the 2.0 work over again - fortunately
we've had lots of discussions as to what directions to go in.

Staying focused on wrapping up 1.2 is the best way to allow us to go forward
with 2.0 work right now, in my opinion.

	Brian